Sunday 5 April 2015

Points Leader!!

Not posted anything this week on the BMX Racing exploits of myself and Jago. Last weekend we went to Round 1 of the South West Regional BMX Series at Burnham near Weston Super Mare in Somerset. What a great weekend for us all at Cornwall BMX Racing club with some great results. In our first regional race and first outside the club since 1982 I won the 45+ Cruiser catergory which I was so pleased.  I had no idea of the standard of riding outside of our club and was really pleased to have done so well winning all my motos and my final. Jago did really well just coping with the amount of riders and in his age group he was up against the top 10 South West riders. He managed 2x 7ths in his heats and a fourth in his B Final.
Other riders did so well with my friend Andy Coryn winning the 20" Veterans class racing to the line and upsetting the favourite! The kids all did well and the younger riders really showed their commitment and hardwork they have put in this winter.
Loved the weekend and despite the weather everyone just cracked on and rode hard.
Roll on Exeter for round 2 at the end of April.

No comments: